I had PLANS to do lots over this Christmas break. Most of which involved making memories and being festive.
- I had plans to take my boys ice skating at our local ice skating rink. It's a temporary attraction and quite a novelty considering our city tag line is "Famously Hot".
- I had plans to go to several of the holiday lights hot spots. We only made it to two.
- I had plans to take the boys to the Edventure New Years Eve at Noon celebration.
- I had plans to make homemade pasta with my mom.
- I had plans to make my Aunt Laynie some soup and yummy treats.
- I had plans to make my little brother Puppy Chow because he was a little disappointed on Christmas day when he saw I hadn't made any.
- I had plans to go on a date night with my hubby to dinner and to see This Is 40.
- I had plans to take my Goddaughter to lunch.
- I had plans to visit with my cousin who is in town from Texas.
- I had plans to spend New Years Eve with my bunco friends.
- I had plans to blog about our wonderful Christmas and the year in review.
It seems that my body had different plans.
Shan and I are on day 4 & 5 of the worst virus I think I've ever had. Shan's symptoms started Wednesday and mine started Thursday. Both of our flu tests were negative, but we've had the worst flu-like symptoms with no option to take Tami-flu. In addition, we've both had sinusitis and bronchitis to go along with it.
My dad took Shan to the hospital Saturday morning to make sure he didn't have pneumonia. He did not. Thank goodness. Shan's mom came to take the boys to the lake so we could sleep. I could not be more grateful. There is NO way we could have taken care of them with the 2 of us down.
John Lennon sang it best... Whatever gets you thru the night!
We are hopefully turning a corner, as we have both actually showered now and ventured to the store to get more Advil.
So the last 5 days have been a bust. And the few days before Christmas were spent tying up loose ends and visiting family. So my window of opportunity is extremely small now for all those plans!
One of my favorite sayings talks about a road to a certain place being paved with good intentions. I make lots of plans and get so disappointed when they don't work out. What I really want is a do-over. But that's not going to happen.
I happened to read this just as I was about to compose this post and it was a good thing.
So for now, I'm letting it go. I'm giving myself grace. I'm going to get done in the next few days what I can. I think the boys will understand. I hope.