The Christmas season should be a time of joy, generosity, and preparation for the celebration of Jesus's birthday! RIGHT??? Shouldn't the song lyrics reflect that???
I am a music lover (all kinds)! I am a Christian who just loves being in the true spirit of Christmas and celebrating the greatest gift we've ever been given. I feel the above credentials make me qualified to give this critique. I mean, seriously!!! Don't we want people to be moved in a positive way? Not blubbering down Forest Drive, sad and depressed because you can't change these pitiful situations, and you can't help everyone. If you want sappy Christmas songs, that's fine! I actually like several sappy tunes. But there are plenty that have great seasonal messages. They're beautiful, you can sing along, they send chills down your spine, and you feel uplifted after hearing them. A few of my sappy faves are:
- Here with Us by Joy Williams (Those of you who have been following me over the years know that I post it every year at this time) which tells the story of the birth of our Savior
- Happy Christmas by the amazing John Lenon which promotes peace and love for others
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day by Casting Crowns sending another message of peace and change of heart
- Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant is the a beautiful song telling the story of Mary
- Welcome to Our World by various artists is a simple and sweet song about the anticipation of Jesus's birth and a message of hope
Any who...for what it's worth. Merry Christmas and for your listening pleasure I have posted my playlist with my Christmas favorites! Enjoy!!!