We're not the family with the ocean-front vacation home. We don't live in a gated community. We don't have the fancy cars. We don't have the designer wardrobes. All these things used to bother me. I would often find it easy to get caught up in what we don't have or what we aren't.
Well we are what we are and we have lots for which we should be thankful. I am simplifying! And through my simplification process I am really enjoying learning to be thankful for the simplicity in my life.
I am thankful for:
- The Lord our God who understands me
- The husband who will wear a John-John
- The little hands that helped me make the banner
- My Sambo who has a true love for the Lord and compassion for others
- My Fu-Fu who has the happiest spirit I've ever seen and who makes me smile...constantly
- My yummy little Ollie-bird who is so incredibly edible and a sweet baby
- The creative mom who lives only a mile and a half away
- The familiar whistle I hear when my dad walks through the door
- The mother-in-law who has been coming to help with the boys almost every Thursday since Sam was born
- The father-in-law who will make me anything I ask for
- The brothers and brother-in-law who add color to my life
- The sisters-in-law who take care of those brothers
- The nieces and nephew who love my boys
- The Grandfather who celebrated his 92nd birthday today
- Our little dogs who have been oh so loyal for almost 15 years
- The once-a-month therapy sessions at Bunco from Allison, Ansley, Darby, Ellen, Jen, Leigh, Marie, Mason, Shannon H., Shannon K.
- "Oprah's" JLC Underground and of course My Sidekick..."Gayle"
- The church that helped me establish some of the best friendships I've ever had
- The Aunts who are like Fairy Godmothers to me and my children
- The neighbors who know my business
- The sound of the dryer running because we have one and
- The clothes to put in it
- The sound of the heater that just came on
- The job my husband has
- My little business that allows me to use my creativity and stay at home in
- The "yellow house with white columns"
- The schools my boys attend and
- The teachers who teach them
- The MACY'S Thanksgiving Day Parade that I can live vicariously through tomorrow morning
- The VERY infrequent and well-deserved date nights with Shan
- The shampoo I can still smell in my hair
- The beautiful turkey picture that Fulton brought home from school
- My manicure in a pretty fall color by moi!
- The trips to target and the grocery store...solo and
- The $ to pay for what's in the cart
- NOT just being thankful tomorrow but being able to give thanks everyday because God continues to bless us in so many ways!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! from What's Bakin'?