- I get easily distracted by external "things"...phone calls, other commitments/obligations, text messages, facebook, BLOGGING!!!
- I enjoy being lazy sometimes
- I have not been the greatest at holding my children accountable. Why? Because sometimes it's just easier to do it yourself.
- I feel overwhelmed.
- I try to implement too many other people's ideas of what works, rather than what works for me.
- I was neurotic as a child. I dreamed of being Marcia Brady and my room was always spotless when I went to bed so I could wake up feeling refreshed. And maybe now that I realize that Marcia Brady is not real and neither is her perfect bedroom, I have also realized that I was a disillusioned child. (wow...deep)
- We lack good storage
- Poor time management
- Perhaps a tad on the ADD side
- Flying by the seat of my pants is fun sometimes!
So there you have it. Whew!...now that that's off my chest...I'm off to get organized.
Practical tip- Get your soul-searchin' on! Examine your day---like your diet. Carry a notebook or piece of paper with you. Each time you notice something out of place, undone, or disheveled, make notes and then address why you think it's that way (books/toys out of place: I didn't make the boys put them away, errands didn't get finished: I answered the phone call of a long-winded friend when I could have called her back later.) If it's something an older child or spouse should have done, make note and hold him/her accountable also. This might help you determine what's holding you down and help others in the house notice where they're falling down also.
Practical Plan- Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. -Proverbs 16:3
Practically Yours, "The Manager"